[lug] LILO and LIes

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 31 21:13:12 MST 2001

>>>>> "John" == John Starkey <jstarkey at advancecreations.com> writes:

John> Yeah. I just did it again. And rebooted. Still the same thing.
John> Thanks again :}

humm...if there is some error when lilo runs, it might not have
replaced the mbr, and you might be booting from the old one.

What does:

/sbin/lilo -v -v -v

show?

kevin
--
John> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Mark Horning wrote:

>> John Starkey wrote: > > Thanks Mark. I'm still using the message
>> you wrote last year :} and have > compiled 5-6 kernels successfully
>> the same way. But just incase ....  > > I just redid it: > >
>> mkinitrd initrd-2.4.0.img 2.4.0 > > And same results.  > > Thanks,
>>
>> Have you recopied the new bzImage back into /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0 and
>> rerun lilo?

Kevin Fenzi
MTS, tummy.com, ltd.
http://www.tummy.com/  KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution