[lug] router hardware

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 1 14:40:41 MST 2001

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 03:22:12PM -0600, charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:
>does anyone know of a vendor that sells hardware for use with the linux
>router project? specifically i am looking for something that supports
>DS1/DS3 circuits.

The Sangoma cards work fairly well.  There's a nice one that has a built-in
T1 CSU/DSU even, cost is around $900.  We happen to have a spare if you
are interested in it.  sangoma.com

There's another vendor, etinc.com.  They apparently have DS3 equipment, but
(a) I had tried in the past to get an ETInc 56K frame board working but
couldn't.  Finally replaced it with a Sangoma and it worked fine.  (b) They
have a guy in tech support who has real attitude problems.  In fact, it seems
more like they *ONLY* have a guy with attitude problems in support.  Last time
we spoke, he said "You need us more than we need you".  Really

Sean
--
 Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves
 on a rainy Sunday afternoon.                -- Heinlein