[lug] color highlighting in man pages

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Feb 1 22:10:40 MST 2001

Hugh Brown wrote:

> Does anyone know how to turn off the color highlighting in the man pages
> (I'm using Redhat 6.2)?  It is an extreme irritant to me. In many of my
> xterms I can't read the pages at all.
>
> Hugh

I don't know about doing that in particular, but if you could figure out
either the groff commands (they are configured in /etc/man.config,
listing groff and pager commands) or the pager (mine is "less"), you
could possibly set one of those two to turn off highlighting by changing
the arguments to groff or less within man.config.