[lug] booting from RH7.1 iso images

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 2 10:54:00 MST 2001

>>>>> "Scott" == "Scott A Herod" <herod at interact-tv.com> writes:

Scott> Hello, For the first time ever, I'm trying to build a system
Scott> from downloaded iso images.  I got the RH 7.1 images, copied

(you mean the 7.1 BETA that just came out, right? ;)

Scott> them to a windows box ( that has the only burner available ),
Scott> wrote them to CD, then tried to install from them.  The machine
Scott> boots from the CD with the first image, but says after a bit
Scott> that it is not a Red Hat CD.  Is there some trick to
Scott> proceeding?

make sure your windows burner software sees the isos as 'image files'
and not as just a big 650MB file that gets written to cd. You can look
at the cd's you made and see if they have just a BIG file then it
treated them wrong. ;(

Otherwise that should work just fine...you should be able to boot and
install from them ok.

Also might make sure that you got a good download... (check the
md5sum's on the ftp site against the files you have downloaded, they
should be the same.

Scott> Thanks,
Scott> Scott

kevin