[lug] Here is an easy question

Mark Horning rip6 at rip6.net
Fri Feb 2 21:45:12 MST 2001

B O'Fallon wrote:

<snip>

 One aspect not very covered well in the above is security. I think
> that Bob Toxen's Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Prevention,
> Detection, and Recovery is as good as anything on the market. I
> particularly like chapter 2, which gives tips that can be quickly
> implemented while reading the rest of the book.

A good place to look for security stuff is at:
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/
It's David Ranch's TrinityOS doc. I HIGHLY recommend
it to anyone who wants to know more about locking
down your linux system.
On RH systems, Bastille works real well at setting
up a firewall and it uses a lot of the Trinity
tips.

--

Mark Horning
rip6 at rip6.net