[lug] GUI Development?

David Morris boru at frii.com
Sat Feb 3 12:52:34 MST 2001

I have a project that I need to develop a GUI for, and I am looking
for books, guides, and/or development tools to help me out as I have
limited experience in LINUX/UNIX GUIs.

Here is what I need:

A GUI that will run under Solaris 2.5 on a Sparc processor.  Window
manager is Motif.

It would be useful if the GUI could be developed and run on a LINUX
system as well where Motif is not available (Debian 2.2).

What tools would people recommend?  The Solaris/Sparc/Motif
requirement is fixed.  The Linux requirement would be a nice addition,
but not required.

What Books on the subject of LINUX/UNIX GUIs can everyone recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--David