[lug] Linux and Satellite Internet Access?

Trever C. Trader ttrader at treveronline.com
Sat Feb 3 23:04:52 MST 2001

The Commercial stuff that i have used was in remote areas of Alaska where
the copper lines were unreliable.  It was basically a wireless frame-relay
PVC that used ATT / Alascom's datacom satellites.  I couldn't begin to
tell you where to look.

The RadioShack stores are using something from Starband that is an
external box that has a 10base-T port on the back of it.  Maybe they would
offer something for their commercial customers that differs from thier
corporate customers?