[lug] Mail Daemon (pop/imap)

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Feb 4 20:14:48 MST 2001

Hi all,

I recently put a hole through the wall and let my mother-in-law share my
broadband connection (we live in a duplex).  I have her up and running
fine as far as 'net  traffic goes, but I need to give her an account on
my Linux machine so she can get email.  I have a static IP and a domain
name, so the email is going to be delivered directly to my machine.

What is a good choice for an email server to allow her to download her
mail messages from my box to her winblows machine?  I have always used POP3
for email, but I would suppose IMAP or something other would do fine.
Something better than plain text passwords would be nice, even though this
network is firewalled, because this is MY network ;-).

Any recommendations on specific software packages?

TIA,

Tim
== Timothy Klein       || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at hypermall.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==