[lug] Mail Daemon (pop/imap)

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Feb 5 20:23:30 MST 2001

Thanks for the replies, all.  I downloaded a qpopper deb, and had my
mom-in-law getting email in minutes.  Very easy.  I decided to use pop
and it's cleartext passwords as the network is private, and if someone is
sniffing my packets there I have already been compromised, as mentioned.
I may look into secure authentication later though, just for fun and to
be truly paranoid.

Cheers,
Tim
== Timothy Klein       || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at hypermall.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==