[lug] Oh my God, you killed Kenny!

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Wed Feb 7 08:15:28 MST 2001

And soon it will be even more frequent when they initiate their new
installation procedure which will bind the install to the hardware, and
necessitate a phone call to solicit an activation key.

I believe that I've already encountered this with W98 actually, back in
June of last year:  After W98 becoming corrupted on a (licensed) machine,
attempts to do an image copy of the OS from an identical machine were
unsuccessful.  The copy ran w/o problem on the source machine though.