[lug] VPNs

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Wed Feb 7 08:28:32 MST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:38:52AM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> I like tunneling IMAP through SSL with sslwrap from inetd.conf.  Netscape supports it
> under the advanced IMAP configuration tab, and it works nicely.  Plus
> running it through inetd means you can use TCP wrappers to add another
> small layer (not that great, but it helps) of security by limiting the
> IP's allowed to get to the IMAP daemon from remote networks.

Oh, I agree, and that's how I've got my imap server setup. However, it doesn't
do any good with a vpn setup. With SSH, you can get some of the benefits of a
vpn configuration, and that's what I was after.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net