[lug] Emacs with Telnet?

Andrew Reberry Andrew.Reberry at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 7 19:50:54 MST 2001

>> However, are you aware that XEmacs can edit
>> remote files using ftp as the transport mechanism?

I was not aware of this.  Sorta cool.  I could definately get used to this.
However, this brings up one problem..  The machine I'm telneting from is
Windows based, and emacs for Windows only colors HTML, not JAVA, not PERL
and so on...

Might as well telnet in and use the remote version of emacs since my main
objective is to edit my code with the color coding..

One strange thing:  xemacs -nox option over telnet does bring in two or so
colors, but not all of them.  This baffles me.

Andrew Reberry
reberrya at colorado.edu
(303) 583-0553