[lug] wireless lan problems

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 8 13:43:50 MST 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 01:28:43PM -0700, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>get the feeling that my 2.4.1 kernel should already include the essentials of

I think the latest version of that driver is 1.0.6 -- make sure that's what
you have.  They made lots of progress from 1.0.4 (where it wasn't working
with the PrismII at all).

>different problem:  My kernel has a pcmcia module called wavelan_cs but not one
>called wvlan_cs.  A symbolic link (my dummy attempt for a quick fix) didn't
>work.  Where is the appropriate place to get this wvlan_cs module?   Here is my

It looks like the right place is:

>Feb  8 13:22:12 fps cardmgr[549]: module /lib/modules/2.4.1/pcmcia/wvlan_cs.o
>not available

Sounds like for some reason that wasn't built or installed properly.
Check to make sure it did the install correctly.

Sean
--
 But I woke up when somone slammed the door so hard I fell outta bed
 screaming "Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread".  -- Aerosmith