[lug] off topic, web design

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Thu Feb 8 15:13:41 MST 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:58:55PM -0500, Hugh Brown wrote:
> The problem is that it is hit or miss in some instances.  I think a
> number of us have all asked questions that have gone unanswered because
> no one wanted to pick up the thread (I know I've done it).

Yes, that's entirely true, BUT: the same thing happens with
commercial software. There's  a wounderfull flatpanel monitor
on the desk next to mine running under framebuffer (shudder!) even
so it has a digital graphic card that is supported by xfree.
The card came bundled with the monitor but until now (after two
frustrating month of email nd telephone exchange with the vendor)
ELSA wasn't able to send us the specs. for the monitor (tel. support:
'we support Windows and Red Hat ...'). After a nice email to germany's
leading computer magazine we got in contact with a 'developer' -- still,
no chance to get any info at all.

> Regardless of that, when the answers do come on this list they are worth
> it.  I recently moved to MD and I find that the caliber of people on
> this list is higher (with respect to thoughtfulness, manners, and
> know-how) than many other lists that I have been on.

Yes, i have to agree. This is an _especialy_ nice group!  (That's the
reason why a definte No-Bolderite  like me is still subscribed ;-)

 Ralf