[lug] wireless lan problems

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Feb 8 15:57:53 MST 2001

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
<snip>

> What you have to do is this:
>
> unpack and compile the pcmcia-cs package (newest one).
> Then, cd into the 'wireless' subdirectory, and do a 'make wvlan_cs.o'
> cp that .o file over to your /lib/modules/2.4.1/pcmcia/wvlan_cs.o
>
> Should work then. ;)

It did.  The card installs properly now.  More head banging came my way
though - I realized that I had to download the iwconfig etc. utilities and
compile them.  That worked but - now the card always bonds to the eth0
interface.  I defined a separate interface (eth2) for this card.  The
Wireless Lan Howto doesn't seem to talk about this part of the
configuration.  Maybe that is too basic - but I don't know of the right
resource to set this up properly.

Any suggestions as to where this setup is described?

Thanks,
Ferdinand
--
Ferdinand Schmid