[lug] bind: address already in use.

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Feb 9 15:35:33 MST 2001

At some point I observed this error message upon restarting the IMAP service.  I
use Courier IMAP and found that stopping the process didn't free my port.  A
reboot did.  So in case you haven't done this yet try rebooting as the low tech
approach and then if this works you can analyze the problem some more.
FYI - You will in fact see a separate imapd process per connected users.

Ferdinand