[lug] starting my own applications under KDE in Mandrake/Linux

Phil Rasch pjr at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 12 11:08:25 MST 2001

Can anybody tell me if there is a file I can create in some directory
that will be automatically accessed when KDE is started in Mandrake
Linux? I want to start a few applications, and would prefer not to
have to modify the "startx", "startkde", "xinitrc", etc files. As far
as I can tell all of them have hardcoded paths that do not look in
user paths before starting.

I want to do some "xhost + xxx", etc commands  automatically, and if
there is a "standard" way to do this I would like to use it.

Thanks

Phil

--
Phil Rasch, Climate Modeling Section, National Center for Atmospheric Research
Mail     --> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307