[lug] iptables doc and ipchains support in the kernel

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 13 10:22:05 MST 2001

>>>>> "charles" == charles  <charles at lunarmedia.net> writes:

charles> anyone know of where the iptables-HOWTO is located? a url
charles> perhaps. i don't have it on my 7.0 redhat install.

both HOWTO's and FAQ's are at the iptables home page:

http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/

charles> also, i am not looking forward to rewriting my chains in
charles> tables, so i thought that i could enabled support for
charles> ipchains under 2.4.1 in the kernel's networking options
charles> params. i enabled packet filtering, and then went on to the
charles> config options and enabled ipchains (2.2 style) as a module.
charles> after rebooting, i still can't run ipchains. anyone venture a
charles> guess as to why?

did you load the ipchains module?

charles> thanks -cjm

kevin