[lug] Redhat 7.1 beta and RieserFS

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Feb 13 11:10:45 MST 2001

Even in 2.4.1 Reiserfs is an experimental module so you very likely won't
find this option in a RedHat precompiled kernel (which is what installs are
based upon).
You also can't boot off a Reiserfs partition.  So you need at least a small
/boot partition that is ext2.

Other than that Reiserfs is great!  I can only say good things about its
performance so far.

Ferdinand