[lug] itimers?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Feb 13 15:32:17 MST 2001

Hello,

  Does anyone have any experience with itimers?  I've got two
processes which both use itimers and which communicate through
Xevents.  The man page for setitimer says each process
gets its own itimers but I've got a problem that I can only
attribute to my timers affecting each other.

  Basically, one process runs very steadily until I turn the
other on and then the first processes itimer fires at widely
spaced intervals everytime I trigger the itimer in the second
process.  Anyone seen anything like that?

Scott