[lug] new to BLUG, Hello, @Home setup

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Wed Feb 14 13:55:35 MST 2001

I'm new to the area and to BLUG.
Thanks for being here. My last LUG was always very helpful
and I look forward to working, volunteering, and learning
with you in the future.

For now, I'm trying to get a box up on @Home that I've had on cable
in NC for a year or so with RoadRunner.

I've searched the archives and can't find a simple explanation or
how-to, so I'm guessing that means there is nothing special to do
for @Home. Unfortunately I haven't received any response from their
dhcp server and can't get any connectivity.

I've heard that you must set the name to whatever they assign you.
Is there any other setup 'stuff' that I need to know?
A simple list of things to do on an external web page would
serve me fine.
Must I empty my resolv.conf for dhcp to work? What about netmask?
Shouldn't dhcp reset all of that for me?

Windoze works everytime, reboot to linux and nothing.
Again, it's been up with RR for a while.

Thanks in advance.
David

--
David Holshouser