[lug] Apache config

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Thu Feb 15 11:09:37 MST 2001

I am trying to get a feel for how other people do things. When setting
up a web server for real use (not just a workstation connected to the
net) I have always done the apache,php,ssl,mod-perl config and whatever
database is required manually from source. This allows me a little more
freedom I think.

Do you manually configure this stuff or do you let your package manager
(rpm/deb) do it for you? If so, have you had acceptable results? Do you
find it easy to upgrade one piece of the puzzle without breaking
another?

Thanks for the input.

-Kyle Moore