[lug] new to BLUG, Hello, @Home setup

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Thu Feb 15 17:00:46 MST 2001

If that doesn't work, you might consider putting a sniffer on the interface
and see if you are getting any replies to your discovery/request packet
(watch the conversation, or lack thereof -- you could maybe crank up the
verbosity of debugging the client and send it to us to look at too.)  You
might try removing the IP cache for your dhcp client so that your machine
initially does a discovery and not a request.

If you need a sniffer, my favorite is at http://www.ethereal.com/

... a good ol' shot in the dark...