[lug] Apache on RH 7.1 beta

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Feb 15 21:46:51 MST 2001

Mark Horning wrote:

> "D. Stimits" wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Is it not possible in the newer Apache to allow individual users to have
> > cgi in ~/cgi-bin/? Must all cgi go in the public /var/www/cgi-bin/,
> > written in stone? Somewhere I am missing something new, but couldn't
> > find it on either dejanews or apache.org. Any ideas?
> >
> > D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com
>
> Have you uncommented the following in the httpd.conf file?

This unfortunately doesn't help. It wasn't uncommented in either the
working or non-working machines, but I experimented with it. CGI does
work in the main document root of the server, but not in individual user
home cgi-bin directories of the one machine (the RH 6.2 machine does
work right for ~/cgi-bin/, only 7.1 fails). According to the AddHandler
comments, AddHandler cgi-script .cgi should allow cgi to run outside of
the ScriptAlias directories, anywhere it can view and has exec perms
for. Strange that uncommenting it means it still fails. Additionally, it
is ScriptAlias'd, and the ScriptAlias causes it to find and view non-cgi
files in the ~/cgi-bin/, it just can't execute anything. :(

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com