Solaris and PCI Ethernet cards -- Was: [lug] [OT] Solaris device names

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Feb 15 21:54:30 MST 2001

On a (I think) related topic, does anyone on the list know of any way to
use a non-Sun PCI ethernet card in an Ultra V?  I've heard that this is
possible with drivers, but I neither know where to get them or which
cards might be supported.

But I *do* know that $700 for a Sun ethernet card is silly for a desktop
machine... just to get a second interface.  Argh.... (GRIN).

Since it's not technically Linux-related, feel free to answer off-list
if you know of how/where etc...

John, I assume that's what you're working on here...

Thanks!

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>