[lug] ftp only login

Terry Branaman tbranam at firstworld.net
Fri Feb 16 09:27:26 MST 2001

On my system, I created the following script /bin/ftponly.sh, which I then
use as the shell for users who only need FTP access.

#!/bin/sh
#
# FTP only shell - does not allow FTP users to log in interactively
#
trap "/bin/echo Sorry; exit 0" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 15
#
IFS=""
Admin=admin at mycompany.com
System=ftp.mycompany.com
#
/bin/echo
/bin/echo " You are not allowed interactive access to this system."
/bin/echo
/bin/echo " User accounts are restricted to FTP and WEB access."
/bin/echo
/bin/echo " Direct questions concerning this policy to $Admin."
/bin/echo
/bin/sleep 15
exit 0