[lug] Email address harvesting at lug?

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Fri Feb 16 10:57:29 MST 2001

I had an issue on another list where I hadn't seen it for a month or so and
someone posted a message, I followed up, and next thing i know it's in my box 4
times that night. Twice from a dialup and once each from two different static
origins.

Is it possible this thing can execute, so if someone opens your mail it can
grab the reply to and send a message? If it's on a Winsock (which I really know
nothing about), then does that mean it has to grab an outgoing message? Not a
message being open from the drive?

I've rec'd that thing about 20 times since Thanksgiving.

Thanks,

John