[lug] AHA3940UW RH & tape drive

Calvin Dodge caldodge at brechin.fpcc.net
Fri Feb 16 15:26:10 MST 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:37:51PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:

> I would have to question whether the "scsi bios not loaded" implies the
> bios in the scsi controller is bad or wiped out. Does any other scsi

Based on my observations, I believe "scsi bios not loaded" merely means "I found no bootable SCSI device" - I always see this on Mom's Windows system (with an Adaptec host adapter) EXCEPT when I'm using a bootable CD-ROM (since she uses a different computer for Linux, her Windows system is the "Red Hat beta install guinea pig (tm)".

I'm assuming the original poster (George) is using an initrd with the appropriate SCSI modules, or has the SCSI code compiled into the kernel?

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)