[lug] Replication of files

Carlos Hernández López chernanl at banxico.org.mx
Fri Feb 16 17:17:26 MST 2001

Yes, I was too vague. I hope this works.

For an application that we have at office, I need to replicate  a number of  files, some of them could be really huge
(80-100 Mbytes).

The replication it would be  from Linux to Solaris

The  files grow substantially during the day because they are some kind of log files and, as part of the application,
can not be deleted. They only grow and grow.

rsync seems appropiate but I'd like to see if  there are other options.

Carlos