[lug] Qwest ADSL

Larry D. Ashton ldashton at infowest.com
Sun Feb 18 21:18:39 MST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "ljp" <lpotter at peakpeak.com>
To: <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [lug] Qwest ADSL

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, you wrote:
>
> > > I am trying to connect Qwest ADSL to my linux box through the 675
Cisco
> > router/modem set to PPP.  I've tried several network connections (DHCP
and
> > static IP address) and haven't had any luck. Has anyone gotten connected
> > with the 675 set to PPP?  How did you do it?  Anyone using another
method
> > to connect with the Cisco 675?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > thanks,
> > Larry
>
> I have the very same setup. I am running the cisco using DHCP, but my
linux
> firewall's default gateway is a static 10.0.0.1. and the rest of my
network
> is static. at 192.168.0.x

Well, at least it is nice to know it can work.
Tell me more about how you set it up.  Is it set up to come up at boot time
or do you manually configure it?  Is the cisco hooked to eth1 or eth0?  What
ethernet cards are you using?  I'm using 3COM 3C509B cards and loading
separate instances of the module for each card.  Which version of DHCP are
you using?  What version and distribution of linux are you using?  I've got
RedHat linux 6.1, but also have the 7.0 disks but didn't want to tackle an
upgrade yet.  For the last year and a half, I've had this machine as an ip
masquerading, firewall, gateway router for 5 boxes on the inside network
connected to eth0 and has been my internet server though dialup - DSL just
came to town and I am trying to switch over to DSL.

thanks for the info,
Larry