[lug] Qwest ADSL

Deva Samartha blug-receive at mtbwr.net
Sun Feb 18 22:19:57 MST 2001

I have it running for - over a year or so w/out problems.

Of cause, you looked at:

http://my.qwest.net/nav4/help/faqs/faqs_top10.html#5

I don't know, if that helps much. I went through a printed (by USWEST)
brochure (8 1/2 x 11") but this contained partial information and I had to
figure out some stuff myself.

But I have static IP's set up later on, so my current setup may not match
yours.
I think dhcp may mess it up. I have it in bridging mode.

I have a second DSL line with 675 which I can use for playing.

How are you accessing the 675? Over serial cable, I assume/hope?

It defaults to 10.0.0.1 but this is not what you want and if your network
card is not set up to 10.0.0.?, then you can't talk to the router over the
network, you'll need to use the serial cable to set it up.

Mine wants to know: who-has 10.0.0.153 tell 10.0.0.1.

So, if you firewall interface to the router is 10.0.0.1 then you have a
conflict with the routers default setting right there.

Can you talk to the router at all, like the show command?

Samartha