[lug] See-through windows???

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Mon Feb 19 14:56:10 MST 2001

I would suggest taking a look at Eterm too. That is what I use
exclusively for terminal windows. You can make transparent windows by
specifying "Eterm -t trans", simple as that. The transparent windows
seem to be more resource greedy, so make sure your box is not a
weakling. My workstation is a oc'd celeron @525mhz w/ 128megs of ram
and a tnt2 ultra video card. It does pretty well with all the graphic
intense stuff. Ironically, I just took screenshots of my latest desktop
that has Eterm being used in a couple different ways :). Look to the
lower left for the transparent one (it's displaying /var/adm/messages
via tail -f):
reject.org/glowecon/misc/

Justin

> Anders Knudsen wrote:
> >
> > On 16 Feb 2001, at 18:34, John Starkey wrote:
> >
> > > I see a lot of screenshots with transparent window
backgrounds..... I
> > > can't figure out how to do it. Nothing in any of the window prefs
i see.

> > > Can anyone tell me how to do this?
> >
> > I like aterm (http://aterm.sourceforge.net/).
> > I think it's available as an RPM on the RH Powertools CD.
Otherwise, just hit