[lug] Qwest ADSL

Larry D. Ashton ldashton at infowest.com
Mon Feb 19 18:49:04 MST 2001

Samartha,

To set the 675, were the commands something like this after starting your
communication program:

enable
password <password>
set nat entry delete all
set nat entry add 10.0.0.2
set mask 255.255.255.0
set interface eth0 address 10.0.0.1
write
reboot

I think the "set nat entry delete all" and the "set nat entry add 10.0.0.2"
will stop the ongoing "who has 10.0.0.2++ tell 10.0.0.1", but I haven't
tried it yet.  Just trying to check out a few things with you first.  While
I'm writing this, I'm trying a few things, too.

Is this similar to what your 675 shows for "show interface".  What about the
vip0,1,2

cbos#show interface
           IP Address         Mask
eth0       10.0.0.1           255.255.255.0

vip0       0.0.0.0            255.255.255.0

vip1       0.0.0.0            255.255.255.0

vip2       0.0.0.0            255.255.255.0

wan0       Physical Port: Not Trained

           Dest IP Address    Mask
wan0-0     63.226.100.254     255.255.255.255

No, it is not connected at the moment.

About the ethernet setup on the linux box that connects to the 675 - sounds
like you are using a static IP - is that correct?  ie 10.0.0.2.

Are you using two ethernet cards?
If yes, which one is connected to the 675?
Is it brought at boot time or do you manually configure it with "ifconfig"
and "route"?

Assuming you are using static IP:
What netmask are you using 255.255.255.0?
What broadcast 10.0.0.255?

Thanks again,
Larry