[lug] Anyone know who this @home host is?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Feb 19 19:57:46 MST 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 09:15:47AM -0700, Warren Sanders wrote:
> In reference to the UDP 68 question I had earlier, the host in question is
> ha1.svc1.wa.home.com/24.7.143.4  I started getting continuous scans
> continuing at this moment from this host trying to scan me.  I wonder if
> this is one of @home's servers?

AFAIK, they *do* make regular port scans of machines on their networks,
looking for servers.

Whether or not that's them knocking at your door is tough to say unless
they've been pretty careful with the routing and it's not possible to
spoof IP's easily in their network.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>