[lug] panel always-on-top feature?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Feb 20 11:12:39 MST 2001

charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:

> is there a feature that will let the panel alway appear on top of other
> windows that i have open on my desktop?
>
> thanks
> -charles

I think it depends on window manager. If you use one of the desktops
that comes with gnome, I think they all allow right click on the window
frame top bar, and get a "set stacking order", where there is "normal"
or "on top". I'm not sure if there is a config style change to an rc
file or startup file to enable this on a particular app-by-app basis,
but there probably is. If you use another window manager that is not one
of those used with gnome, the option probably also exists, but the means
of enabling it would be different. Basically, it is always named after
stacking order.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com