[lug] wireless lan problems - solved

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Feb 21 09:53:24 MST 2001

I still have two issues with my DLink AP - annoyances, not problems:
- It only seems to like the 192.168.0.x network and I simply wasn't able to
get it to take a 10.1.1.x address.

- I never got the WEP working properly - not even under Windows.  So far
that hasn't bothered me because I mostly use the wireless network to access
the Internet so at this point I consider the wireless lan public as well.

At this point I haven't experimented with the AP configured through DHCP or
BOOTP.  The manual claims that is the preferred way.  Since you seem to run
DHCP things may work better with your setup.