[lug] mrtg to watch eth0

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Wed Feb 21 12:19:47 MST 2001

how can i tell if mrtg is truly collecting the data?
to test, i am running snmpd without a .conf file. according to the man
page, it should run by default with RO and a string of 'public'.

i have a cronjob set up to poll the localbox every 5 minutes.

however, after running mrtg by hand, and receiving no errors, i am not
seeing anything show up on the graphs.

is there a flat file i can check to ensure this is working?