[lug] OT : Linksys Hardware?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Feb 21 17:36:30 MST 2001

We have used several Linksys and D-Link switches over the past 2 years.  They
typically have fewer features and absolutely no telephone technical support.
But they work great - not one problem yet.  Ditto for fast ethernet cards - we
use the $15 D-Link 530 cards on about 20..30 systems by now.

The trade off is really support (and a few features) - not necessarily quality
of the product.

Ferdinand