[lug] OT : Linksys Hardware?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at brechin.fpcc.net
Wed Feb 21 18:40:04 MST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 05:26:27PM -0700, Gary Frerking (TurboPower) wrote:
> Anyone have good/bad experience with Linksys hardware?
>
> We're trying to get a network upgrade budget within limits, and shifting to
> a Linksys switch is something that looks like it will help. It's a 10/100
> Managed 24-port GigaSwitch (EG24M).

My former employer purchased a Linksys unmanaged 24-port switch because of the great price.

And every month or so it would go catatonic, and we'd have to power it down, then back up.  Since then I've heard of enough problems that I'd avoid the brand.  YMMV, of course.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)