[lug] offtopic SCSI tape drive for sale

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Thu Feb 22 17:23:23 MST 2001

I thought I would offer this to the list before selling it on ebay.  It's a Sony SDX-S300C external SCSI tape drive (25/50G).  Here's a review of the thing...

http://www.winmag.com/library/1998/0401/other089.htm#sony

...I've found them priced new for around $4000 with ArcServe or the like.  Mine is about 2 years old with no software (well I can include a copy of tar).  It's been used very little over the last year.  I have 6 or 7 tapes I will erase and include.  All serious offers considered).  Sorry for the offtopic post.

Dan