[lug] SPAM (was: email mystery)

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Fri Feb 23 10:12:27 MST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Deva Samartha wrote:

> I had a robot coming in once, looking at one archive page, after 20
> minutes, coming back again, looking at the next archive page....
> it was a  crawler12.bos2.fast-search.net where I could not figure out who
> it is. I eventually blocked his access on the firewall. They kept trying
> for a long time.

That's strange, I have been getting scans by this same exact robot!  It
ignores any robot.txt deny requests and has been scanning all pages, one
per minute, then comes back another time... starts over again.  My low
visit family photo site has this bot as the number one visitor in just two
visits.

Good Idea ... think I will firewall this sucker too!

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org