[lug] DLink Wireless AP

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Feb 23 12:47:13 MST 2001

The range is always a problem - especially with your fish tank, and I am not
kidding.  The 2.4 GHz band is exactly the frequency where water molecules
resonate.  So this signal won't travel very deep into a fish tank or into a
human body ... And since water is just about everywhere in our environment
the range of this frequency spectrum is not very good.
On the bright side I would expect a much lower biological impact from this
than from other frequency bands.

Real experience:
I had trouble covering our house with the AP-1000 as well.  And our house is
small.

So I am curious to hear how it compares to your old AP.

Ferdinand