[lug] Monitor/Card tweaking - was Re: Color tweaks

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Feb 23 13:51:31 MST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, John Starkey wrote:

> Thanks Dan and Tkil. After a lot of playing around I've determined I need to
> get a new monitor. Even the best color I can get still looks foggy. I swore
> that once or twice I had decent color but it's hard to judge without a ref
> point after all this. I did manage to get better color than Windoze :}
>
> I was thinking one other thing which I can't try at the moment would be to
> split the 60v circuits, I've got 4 computers plugged into the same 3 power
> strips on the same circuit. Even the iMac looks like it might be a bit weak at
> the moment.
>
> Regardless, the info you guys posted was a really big help in understanding
> what I was doing. I was able to confirm that this thing sucks :}

I didn't mention this before since it sounded like you were having
problems getting the monitor to work.  However, if you are getting
X-windows and have a browser working you could check the color calibration
of the monitor by visiting the monitor calibration page at my other
on-line community, see
<http://rmp.opusis.com/carbon/monitorcal/monitorcal.html>.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)