[lug] strange boot error

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Feb 25 14:17:02 MST 2001

I'm trying to install a new kernel 2.4.2 on a RH 7.1 beta, SMP. The
default kernel works fine. But when I create a boot floppy, I'm coming
up with a non-lilo error I've never seen before, being partially a dump
of some cpu registers. I've tried compiling a stock 2.4.2 kernel with
both the gcc and kgcc compilers, getting some warnings on gcc that
disappear with kgcc, though both work (both were tested, both fail the
same way). The system is basically aic7xxx scsi, dual pII 450. Here is
the error, can anyone shed any light on this, which occurs immediately
after the kernel load, and repeats to infinity:

0200
AX:0212
BX:6C00
CX:5001
DX:0000.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

PS: I'm especially interested in what the "0200" indicates, since it
isn't a register dump.