[lug] Allowing Users to Supermount

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Sun Feb 25 22:06:44 MST 2001

In addition to Alan's comments, you can also include a umask option to
mount, or in your fstab, depending on your needs.  For example, the
following line in fstab allows full rwx access to the mount point.

/dev/hda5	/DriveD		vfat	defaults,umask=0000		0
0

As always, beware of the security problems associate with this.  However,
I believe you can also specify both a user and a group with the mount
command, as well.  Combined with an appropriate umask, you should be able
to get what you need.

Todd