[lug] OpenSSH upgrade small issue

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Mon Feb 26 11:34:26 MST 2001

I checked file perms too I just forgot to mention it. I compiled ssh
from a tarball and set the configure option for Configuration files
to /etc/ssh. So it should know where it's config files are. I haven't
tried strace yet, I'll do that and see what happens. Thanks...

Justin

> Someone already mentioned that you should check your file and
directory perms.  Another thing that comes to mind is that maybe it's
looking for the files in /usr/local/etc/ssh/.  Dunno, just a thought.
Was it installed from RPM or tarball or??  Try using strace, tee the
output to a file, then use grep to see if (where) it's looking for
ssh_config.

> open("/etc/ssh/ssh_config", O_RDONLY) = 3, or something like that.
>

> Justin wrote:
> >
> > Yes I'm aware of that, but I want to have protocol 1 available in
case
> > the server I'm connecting to isn't supporting protocol 2 yet. I
think I
> > mentioned in my original email that I could indeed force protocol
2, it
> > just wasn't using protocol 2 when 2,1 was specified in the
ssh_config.
> > Hence the reason I asked why it appeared that ssh wasn't reading the
> > ssh_config on starting the connection.
> >
> > Justin
> >
> > > You can force the protocol by putting a line like
> > >
> > > Protocol 2
> > >
> > > in your sshd_config and your ssh_config.

> > > Protocol
> > >         Specifies the protocol versions sshd should support.  The
> > possi­
> > >         ble values are ``1'' and ``2''. Multiple versions must be
> > comma-
> > >         separated.  The default is ``1''.

> > > Protocol
> > >         Specifies the protocol versions ssh should support in
order of
> > >         preference.  The possible values are ``1'' and ``2''.
Multiple