[lug] superblock erased by windows. Help!

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Feb 26 19:05:56 MST 2001

You might want to try a manual (as opposed to the default automatic)
fsck, via "e2fsck -r /dev/sda2". You might be able to get something back
this way that isn't otherwise available. If you can get access to the
partition with /etc/ in it, you can cd to the root of that partition
(e.g., mount on /mnt/ of tomsrtbt, "cd /mnt", "chroot .", then run lilo
again.