[lug] iptables error

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Feb 27 11:16:12 MST 2001

I'm not all that familiar with it yet either, but the errors you show
below are kernel module errors, not directly firewall (it happens that
the kernel modules it can't find are firewall modules). I'm assuming
this is not a default/stock kernel install, and most likely the new
kernel modules for these services are missing. On a different note,
sometimes multiple kernels are bootable, and one of the bootable kernels
has built-in functions, while the others use the same thing as modules;
then the peripheral files, like /etc/modules.conf or conf.modules, try
to use a module that isn't there and it complains (it works anyway,
since the reason the module is missing is because it isn't needed, the
support is compiled in). Basically it looks like this is entirely a
kernel and kernel module issue.