[lug] SIOCADDRT in network startup

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Feb 28 02:59:49 MST 2001

And the SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable is usually a sign that you
have unnecessary cruft left over from a 2.0.x kernel for starting your
network if your network is working properly.

Trying to dig back here in the grey matter this early in the morning is
painful, but it seems to me the 2.2 kernels automatically do their route
add for the local network or they do it differently than the 2.0 kernels
did.  Many distros didn't clean up the old stuff during "upgrades" to
the next kernel.

How old is the box, could that be it?  Was it upgraded?

I'm sorry I can't remember the details right now... and I've done a
bunch of web searches trying to remember what the details were...
sigh...

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com