[lug] pda

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Mar 1 23:47:24 MST 2001

I use a Visor and really like it.  Does fine with Linux.

However, if you want more power, I have heard that the Compaq Ipaq can
run Linux (even with some very limited support from Compaq?).  Also, the
Yopy (Samsung?) is totally Linux based, but I am not sure one can buy it
yet.  There was also that homegrown open PDA project that was on the
list a while ago.  (Or was that the CLUE list, hmm?  I must be tired, I
can't remember anything).

HTH

Tim

* Holshouser, David (dholshou at ball.com) wrote:

> I'm starting to think about buying myself a PDA of somekind.
> After two minutes of thought, I start figuring that a Palm may
> not satisfy (devil's advocate/power monger inside).
> Immediately a pocketPC comes to mind (wince),
> quickly followed by keyboard (or lack thereof) and so
> I move to the sub-sub-notebook (for less than $1K) arena.
>
> This brings me to my topic.
>
> What other VERY small computing options are out there?
> Which ones are known to be good with Linux?
> Does anyone have any experience with said devices?
>
> --
> David Holshouser
> Engineer I
> Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
> (303)939-5085  dholshou at ball.com

== Timothy Klein         || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at silverklein.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!       || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!       || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==